Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Glossybox :: March 2013

 Wow is this post ever late! I get my glossyboxes so late in the month I'm supposed to receive them that I'm already into the next month and tend to forget about all things of the previous month. But here it is, super late my March Glossybox.

Product List/Value for the month:
Koh Gen Do Emollient Cream approx. $33 (fl sz $123)
ModelCo Cheek/Lip Stain approx. $24
Elite Models Intensity Eye Pencil in  $14
Prestiche Essential Oil Bar Soap approx. $8

(Prestiche $40 gift certificate)
Sebastian Professional Hairspray approx.$3 Total Bag Worth: approx. $82.00 ($120 if you include the gift cert.)
 Definitely some variety this month for Glossybox. First off for anyone interested here is the gift code for the $40 off at Prestiche apparently with no minimum purchase as far as I can tell from the fine print. I'm not sure I will use it myself. The bar of soap I received is pretty stinky and I'm not impressed. It's made of all kinds of organicy natural goodness but I don't know for some reason I like to smell nice after a shower? Throw some lavender or mint or something in there to cover up that mashed up plant goo smell...
 Pictured here along with the Prestiche soap are a hairspray from Sebastian (boring) and yet another ridiculously expensive yet unimpressive moisturizing cream from Koh Gen Do ($123 for a full size product!) I tried a bit of it and sure it moisturizes and all but far to expensive for what it does. See my rant from the Man Repeller box's moisturizer and my thoughts are much the same about this one.
 Now this product was exciting for me. I have been forever wanting to venture into either a cream blush or a cheek stain and had been eye-balling Benefit's stains for a while without the bravery to commit to a purchase. So to find one in my Glossybox I was happy to get to try out something similar in the ModelCo Lip and Cheek Stain in Rosy Red. I must say I'm pretty pleased and surprised to find how easy this stuff is to use and how natural it looks. It certainly looks scary on my hand here but this small amount is more than enough for both cheeks. It blends out pretty sheer which makes it pretty forgiving. You can layer it up for drama or keep it sheer for subtleness. I did try this on my lips but it wasn't very flattering. My lips have been a bit dry so the stain sank into all the little cracks and just made them look like I had been punched in the mouth. Which is whatever for me, I wasn't interested in a lip stain anyway.
Finally I received an Elite Models Intensity Eye Pencil in Secret Gray which is a dark gray with silvery shimmer. This a nice product although a bit smudgy. It would do well for smokey looks that allow for lots of smudgy but would not be ideal for precise lines or the waterline as you would wind up with panda eyes pretty quick. I like it though, I like the shimmer and I don't anything similar so it's a nice addition to my collection.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with this month's box. I feel I got my money's worth especially in the eyeliner and the cheek stain. The soap will get used although it is stinky but could have done without the hairspray. The moisturizer will go in my travel bag.

That's it for this post! Hope you are having a great day! Share your comments or questions with me.
See ya  later!

No comments:

Post a Comment