Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Glossybox :: November 2012

Happy December Lovelies!! Is everyone excited for the Holidays? I know I am :D! So today I'd like to share with you my first Glossybox! For those that are unfamiliar, Glossybox is a monthly beauty sample box subscription. I subscribe to two other beauty boxes currently (Julep and Ipsy) but I have to say I did most of my research on Glossybox before subscribing, mostly because its a bit more pricey at about $21 a month. However my research on Youtube and other Blogs has shown that the samples are much more generous than other subscriptions and they even include a few full size products so that you definitely get your money's worth. Aaanywayz...on with the review of my FIRST BOX!!

So here it is! On top was a Glossybox magazine, which was nice. Had some different articles on the different brands featured in the box along with little interviews, gift guides and different Celebrity product favorites. Cute, will have to read it in more detail later.

Here is the description of each product featured in my box. Not everyone receives the same products I've heard and they are supposed to send you things based on your style profile which you fill out when you first sign up. The style profile for Glossybox is more about your physical features such as skin type, hair color, complexion etc... Which I actually think is kind of better than answering 'personal style' type questions because for me general terms like Boho Chic, Classy, or Glamazon aren't exactly clear on what kind of products I would likely receive.


Above are two coupons, feel free to snag the codes and use them if you'd like. I'm probably not going to.

Here is the box all opened up. I really like how nicely packaged everything is. The box itself is very pretty and sturdy and can easily be reused for gift-wrapping or storage. This month there are five products total.

Restorative Hand Cream
Full Size $19/2.5oz
Formulated to absorb quickly on the skin, this hand cream will leave your often neglected hands feeling soft and deeply nourished all day long. The cream incorporates organic raspberry seed oil, which provides a rich source of anti-inflammatory antioxidants and omega fatty acids that help to protect and restore the skin barrier.
---
This is one of the full sized products so there you go you already have your money’s worth for the month and when I tried this out it was really nice! It’s not sticky, it absorbs pretty quickly and you only need a tiny amount for your hands. The smell is very different. Very fruity and you can definitely smell the raspberry. Probably not going to please everyone but I like it.

Truffle Serum – Hydro-Toning Day Face Serum
36.00 $ / 1.01oz
Developed in Italy, this light-weight serum works to prevent the signs of aging by bringing together pure extracts of Tuber Melanosporum and Hyaluronic Acid. It works great as a boost to the cellular regenerative process thanks to the potent Panthenol B5. This cellular regenerative formula is rich in Peptides and ideal for any age and skin type. You’ll notice the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles reduced and a more deeply hydrated revitalized looking you.
---
Sounds really nice and fancy and I would have loooved to try this buuuut my sample was EMPTY! Yup, I must have lucked out and gotten an empty sample tube. :( So sad! So yeah....I will email customer service and hopefully they will be able to send me a full sample so I can try it. I'll let you guys know next month what the results were and be able to give you a bonus customer service review!

Solid Perfume Stick
$7/.07oz
These decorative perfume sticks are perfect for travel or to throw in your handbag. The slender and elegant tube allows you to quickly dab on your wrists, neck, or cleavage without sticky fingers or goo stuck under your nails. Perfect for fragrant touch-ups throughout the day! All natural, no parabens, no preservatives, and never tested on animals.
---
Moving on here we have a solid perfume stick in the scent Kissing Bandit. Interesting product, only lists three ingredients: coconut oil, beeswax and fragrance oil. For what is supposed to be a perfume this was very lightly scented. It smells a little old ladyish, sweet, floral and powdery. Not my cup o’ tea but oh well, it would be interesting to know how others were scented because this is probably one of the products that varied between boxes.

Another shot of the perfume stick, which shows its consistency. It was very mushy almost melted out of the tube.


Arganics by NuMe Argan Oil
$59/4oz
Achieve stunning and healthy hair with NuMe’s specialized non-greasy Argan oil that penetrates damaged hair cuticles leaving hair healthy from the inside out. This rich yet light-weight hydrating Argan oil reduces drying time in damp hair and prevents fading on color-treated hair.
---
Well this is a bit disappointing! The bottle is almost empty; there is barely any product in there. :( And sheesh look at the price of the full size! almost 60 bucks and they can't even give me a sample that's full so I can try it?!?! Welp that's going into my email. Maybe this is just a fluke and other people got full containers I really hope this is not going to be a trend with their samples. This is a pretty pricey service to not be giving people full products....

Finally we have....

Lip & Eye Medium Pencil 
$20/.05oz
This highly pigmented creamy pencil allows for easy blending with a long-wearing hold to create sultry eyes and sensuous lips. It's medium size tip allows for versatile use and strong application.
---
Now this is a brand I've actually heard of which is nice. Lot's of bloggers and vloggers on Youtube talk about Illamasqua products and they have a pretty good reputation. This is just slightly smaller than a full size product.They advertise this particular product as being multipurpose for eyes, lips, body application. However, I can't imagine where else I would apply this bright red but my lips.

Here is how it looks on my lips. Really Bright fire engine red. The first and last time I personally rocked a rep lip was at my Senior Prom. This is definitely a color to wear for something dramatic. For me though, I don't think I'll get much use out of it. My husband wouldn't come near me with these lips as I imagine most guys wouldn't. It is very smudgy, as I was wearing this, briefly as it was, it came off everywhere, my hands, fingers, my cup, kittycat you name it.

Here is another swatch of the color and how it looks in the pencil form. I would also note that it was very dry and probably not as smooth as the description made it out to be. If you do wear this on your lips you would probably need a gloss or balm or maybe just use it as a liner for a matching lipstick.

Ok that is all everyone! One more look at all the products and honestly I'm a bit on the fence on how I feel about this box. Two practically empty samples and some products I won't use like the lip pencil and the perfume stick.....I don't know. My opinion might improve based on how well customer service responds to my emails and requests for replacement products. I just really really wanted to love this box and I anxiously awaited its arrival all month (posting this in December because I didn't receive the box until the 30th). The late arrival is kind of a bummer too in a way. My other subscriptions came within the first two weeks of the month and Glossybox actually sent me three emails in a row with incorrect shipping info. Who knows maybe we can blame Sandy and this was just a fluke of a month for Glossybox. I guess we shall see if next months box is more thrilling. If you have any questions about any of this let me know in the comments.
:D

Ciao Signorinas! Until next time stay fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment