Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ipsy :: February 2013

 OK so continuing to catch up on my February posts. I received my Ipsy Glambag for the month about a week ago and my first impression was a bit indifferent I'd have to say. Compared to last month's bag this month felt like it was lacking a bit. As you will see below the actual monetary value is there but as far as products that excite me? eh...

Product List/Value for the month:
Pixi Pore Minimizing Face Primer approx. $14 (full size $29)
Coastal Scents eyeshadow mini sample quad approx. $3* (single shadow $1.99)
The Lash Card set of 4 approx $2.80 (set of 10 $6.99)
Pop Smokey Lash Kapow Mascara travel size approx. $12 (full size $18.50)
Micabeauty Gel Eyeliner approx. $15** (full size $30)

Total Bag Worth: approx. $46.80
*Considering a single .04 oz shadow is worth $1.99 and the quad's combined size is .07 so about the same as a single shadow and a half.
**Guessing this was a half size of the full product as it came with no info on container other than the brand name. It doesn't even say what it is at all weird huh?

 So first of is a decent sized sample of the Pixi Pore Minimizing Primer. Yes another primer. Ugh, I don't even have anything to say. Booooooring! Honestly I know Pixi has some really cool, colorful products and to just receive this is just bleh.
 This Coastal Scents Eyeshadow mini quad featuring the colors (from right to left) Dark Goldenrod, Sunbeam, Golden Globe, and Dark Golden Olive. Pretty and by far the most exciting thing in this month's bag. I've been wanting to try some different golds and here we go! These are smooth to touch and nicely pigmented. All have a nice shimmer except for Sunbeam which is the pale yellow. These shadows are really cheap and come in huge palettes of 200+ but they are a nice quality. Could be worth investing in if I ever feel the need to own every color of the rainbow in eyeshadow form.
 Next we have a nice gel liner from Micabeauty in Black. A very nice dark black, smooth application with an angled liner brush, extremely smudgeproof as well. I rubbed my finger after applying this to my hand and it did not budge! I had to scrub this off with soap because even water wouldn't make this stuff move. This would be excellent for tight-lining and your waterline. You can really get a nice precise line too perfect for winging out, and I bet it would stay on for days if you let it. I've never used a gel liner before so this was actually a nice surprise in this month's bag.
 Moving on is a set of four Lash Cards. So yeah a product that I never knew I totally didn't need :) Yes that was meant to be confusing. Wow so basically its a card that you use to keep your eyelid safe from your crazy spastic mascara application technique. I've never really had an issue with getting mascara on my eyelid to the extent I would need to purchase a tool to assist me....have any of you? Couldn't you just whip out a business card from you wallet or something if you did have mascara application issues? I dunno, I bet there's a fun instructional video on YouTube on it, I will have to see. Hoenstly though $7 for 10 cards? You need more than one? Realllly? It is cute that they printed the words 'Lash Card' backwards though isn't it? So that when you see yourself looking totally awesome using your Lash Card in the mirror you can be sure to read it correctly! Nifty > _ <
Oh and wait! There's more! Now wouldn't it have been silly to give us a Lash Card without some Mascara? Well breath easy everyone they have provided us with Pop Beauty Smokey Lash Kapow Mascara. I actually have not tried this out yet. Since I received a mascara in my Glossybox I want to use that up first before using this one. I'm sure it nice though, I'm not picky. As long as it's not clumpy or drying I'll be satisfied.
Well that is everything for this month! Not terrible but can't help yawning a little. I feel like I've gotten all of these things before. Nothing really new or exciting to try out except for the shadows. oh well I suppose every month can't be a groundbreaking month. I want to know what you guys think? Did anyone get anything different? I'm not sure if Ipsy provides much variety even though they have you fill out a style profile and all that.

Share with me and let's be friends! See ya next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment