Thursday, March 14, 2013

Julep :: March 2013


First beauty box of the month is an exciting one! It's my Julep Maven box and it's extra special this month because I've earned enough 'Jules' to receive a free upgrade and I chose their 'Luck of the Irish' set of three polishes. That is almost like getting an extra box this month. So a lot of colors to talk about and I'm loving every single one :D


Fist lets look at the colors in the box. From top to bottom I received a gorgeous pale lilacy purple called Simone which features a barely there blue shimmer. On the nail you really can't see the shimmer unless its in direct sunlight (even then you really have to be look closely to see it). Next we have a pastely peachy pink called Teri. This is a nice color for everyday spring wear and will match a lot without being in your face. It has no shimmer at all, just a basic cream polish. And on the bottom is a gorgeous mint green called Shenae which also features a slight blue shimmer (again only noticeable in sunlight, extremely subtle). 
Here's how they look on the nail. They all have great application, very smooth and only two coats needed to get them opaque. I think I will get lots of wear out of each of these colors and they are perfect for Spring.

Dupes this Month:

I wanted to start mentioning possible dupes for the polishes I receive. This box in particular I noticed that I had some pretty close dupes to all three colors. It can be considered either a good or bad thing to get colors you already own. For me I'm ok with it if they are colors I love and will use often which in this case is true. I also want to mention any dupe in case any of you are interested in color from Julep but either don't want to shell out the $14 for one, don't want to subscribe, and/or Julep just isn't available to you in your area and just maybe a dupe is. So this time around I pretty much found identical colors in Essie polishes I already owned. Starting from the right the mint green Shenea color's dupe is Essie Mint Candy Apple, a cult favorite in its own rights. Everyone freaking raves about this color on YouTube, Pineterest, and other Blogs. The only difference between them is that the Essie polish dries ever so slightly darker and does not have the blue shimmer (which honestly you can't even see anyway). In the middle, Teri's dupe is Essie Tart Deco. These are pretty close as well however Tart Deco does dry a bit darker as well. Lastly for Simone's dupe is Essie To Buy or Not to Buy, crazy name huh? The colors of these are exact matches, the Essie color even has the slight blue shimmer which is a bit more noticeable but still pretty subtle.

Moving on, I wanted to include my free add-on this month which came in a separate package from the main box but arrived at the same time. This is Julep's Luck of the Irish Trio. I am head over heels for the green and copper glittery polishes. I will definitely be wearing the green for St. Patty's day this weekend and my bit of green!
Here I painted my index and pointer fingers in the lovely, metallic champagne color called Sienna. My middle and pinkie finger I painted in the green and gold solid glitter polish appropriately called Lucky. Lastly, my thumb I painted with the coppery solid glitter polish called Jane. I really didn't expect the glitter polishes to go on so solidly in just two coats. I thought they would be glittery top coat style where you would need a polish underneath but I was presently surprised. No dupes here!
As an extra I almost forgot to mention. The March box came with a Strawberry-Mint Lip Balm. Nothing to special about this balm it applies alright, smells like fake strawberry (not so much mint), and nothing really notable about the ingredients. I like a lot of the natural/organic lip balms out today like the Botanics one in my Feb Favs and the EOS lip balms. In fact it's so forgettable I think I have already lost it :) Ooops! I have lots of good lip balms, this one would probably just have sat in my drawer only to be discovered years later and tossed out.

So yeah overall extremely satisfied with March! Let me know what you guys think? Do you like the dupes I've listed? Let me know in the comments and share you favorite spring nail colors!
Let be friends, see ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment