Thursday, March 7, 2013

Glossybox :: February 2013

 So finally, at long last I received my February Glossybox almost a week into March. My January box was late as well so it almost feels like it's Glossybox steps up their game when it comes to shipping out these boxes on time. It makes me nervous when I'm charged for my March box before I've even received the last months box. Oh well, hopefully it was worth the wait. Shall we see?
Product List/Value for the month: Evologie - eSystem Duo Pack trial size $15.00 (travel size duo $25) Bvlgari - Eau Parfumee Au The Blanc soap approx. $10 (fl sz $30)
Da Vinci Cosmetics - Shimmer Powder in Twilight $15
Lisi - Liquid Line Eyeliner $7 

Nail Rock - Nail Wraps $8
Total Bag Worth: approx. $55.00

 Ok so first in the box we have the Evologie eSystem Duo Pack in a trial size. This is a blemish clearing system involving a serum and a daily cream. The serum is used for spot treatments and the cream is an everyday preventative. I deal with breakouts all the time and I am excited to try this system out. I looked into the ingredients and nothing to special or unique or different from any other typical acne system. There is salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and a few other plant extracts that are common in natural blemish fighting products. Hopefully this means that it will be a gentle way to clear up acne and not to harsh or drying. We shall see.
 Next we have this lovely little soap sample from Bvlgari in the scent au the blanc which I believe is a fancy jewelry maker but I think they have perfumes as well. This soap smells really nice and floral fresh with maybe a hint of muskiness. Not a scent I would use as a perfume since it is a bit of an older woman scent but for a soap its alright. I might save this for a long trip as it is a travel size bar and sometimes its easier to pack a solid bar rather than a liquid body wash for travel on a plane. I like to fit everything in a carry-on these days for obvious reasons.
 Here we have a nice little gold shimmer powder from Da Vinci Cosmetics in Twilight. This powder is really pretty in person. I don't think it comes across as nice in the photo. It's quite think on my finger there but when you blend it out it leaves your skin with a really lovely golden shimmer. This will make an excellent highlighter and eyeshadow. Very nice.
 Next we have a silver liquid eyeliner from Lisi in the color Spellbound. I've used colored eyeliners before but never silver and I'm not sure what I feel about this color. On my hand it comes of a bit watery but once it set it did not budge even after washing my hands, until I really scrubbed vigorously did it come off. So that's good I suppose. The only thing is when am I ever going to wear this? Might have to wait for Halloween or something. Its a bit too exciting for my daily life.
And lastly we have the Nail Rock Nail Wraps in Giraffe Black on Gold. These are kinda cool for a fun nail look my only problem was in their application. They didn't come sealed in any way so getting them to stick to my nail was kind of tough. I followed the directions exactly but as you can see in the lower right picture the edges were coming up. I managed to stick some of the edges down with clear nail polish but the one on my pointer finger just peeled right off. So to even it out I just peeled the one on my other hand of and painted those two nails red for accents and went on my merry way. They only lasted for about five days total before they were all peeling off around the edges and getting caught on things. Ultimately I think you are better off with the far easier to apply, longer lasting Sally Henson Nail Polish strips. I love those!

Alright and that's everything for this month! Hopefully March will arrive before April for me to review but let's not hold our breath! What do you guys think? Did anyone get anything different in their boxes? I'd love to hear from you.

Share with me and let's be friends! See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment